The City Café is on Fourth Street near the Union Pacific Railroad yards in Hearne, Texas. Hearne, 18 miles northwest of College Station, is still a central hub for the railroads in Texas. The City Café was founded in 1914 and run by the Greek immigrant Palmos family for most of its entire existence. The café was a central meeting place for nearly 100 years for the town’s people and the railroad workers. It’s rumored that Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow ate at the café on their final trip through Texas on their way to Louisiana.
This kit is a representation of the prototype building, but some artistic liberties have been made to adjust for manufacturing techniques, size constraints and additional features to make the kit into a more versatile/useful presentation.